Monday, January 30, 2012

Beginning To Hit My Stride Again!



This past week, something profound happened. Profound and exciting.


Marie's got her groove back. (Sorry, Stella!) Even though over the last few months I've been making progress and getting stronger, this week is the one where I really hit my stride again.


I think part of it has to do with having some type of workout class Monday through Friday. Cardio step at Extreme Pump It Up Fitness on Monday and Wednesday, Pilates on Thursday, spin on Tuesday and Friday...I'm still learning my way in the cardio classes, but making improvements. Pilates felt especially good after having to miss it for two weeks while I had no transportation.


I felt my groove the most during spin. Tuesday was awesome, and having class again on Friday only built on the good feelings. I'm really digging down deep and experiencing the strength and power that is within me. God gives me this strength, and I ask Him for His help before every class. He helps me find what He has placed in me all along and bring it out. When I leave spin class, I'm dripping with sweat, feeling empowered and looking forward to what life has in store.


Tonight I can't make cardio class because of a meeting at my son's school, but I will kick my own butt at home afterward. I am determined to make the most of every single day. Tomorrow I weigh in, so hopefully the number on the scale is as good as the feelings my workouts give me.


But one thing can never have a number placed on it - the confident feeling of strength I have found!

No comments: