Tuesday, September 25, 2012
It's officially fall - still early enough to have days that feel like summer, but mixed in with chillier days and nights. I've had some physical therapy on my ankle which has helped a lot (more on that in a later post) and can do everything except run...although soon I should be able to do that as well.
So, in the spirit of a new season, it's time for an updated playlist. Here's a portion of what motivates me this autumn:
50 Ways to Say Goodbye - Train
Fastest Girl in Town - Miranda Lambert
Matchbox Twenty - She's So Mean
Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
Home - Philip Phillips
What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
Dive - Steven Curtis Chapman
Hot Chelle Rae - Tonight Tonight
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
What are you listening to this fall? Leave a comment with your favorites!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
The bad news: There is no fall season of Biggest Loser.
The good news: Jillian Michaels is back!!!
I'm sure you've heard by now that Jillian will be back for the next season, which starts in January. Bob and Dolvett will also still be there, so there will be three teams...and each team will include at least one teen contestant. The teens will not weigh in and can't be eliminated - the idea is for them to learn the right way to get fit without pressuring them to drop double digits every week or worry about being sent home.
Most of you know I'm a big Jillian fan to begin with, but now there are even more reasons that make this a good move for her and the show:
1. The show needs a mix of male and female trainers. The women on the ranch need another chick to help them...and Jill can still kick the guys' butts too!
2. She can help the sinking ratings after the mess that was Season 13. Biggest Loser really needs that lift.
3. Jillian was an overweight teenager and lost a lot of weight herself. She is sensitive to the needs of the teens that will be on the ranch and can share her experiences with them, so they realize they are not alone and can conquer their weight issues.
4. Jill is also now a mom of two. She now knows firsthand the difficulty that working moms have balancing their jobs and families with making the time to work on improving themselves. She'll be able to help them come up with creative solutions to the problem.
5. There is nobody better than Jillian to motivate!!!
So, putting up with Biggest Loser withdrawals for a few months will be worth it...once January arrives and Jillian is back on the ranch!