Friday, June 12, 2009

Wedding Anniversary - A Look Back

Sixteen years ago today, I walked down the aisle at St. Bartholomew Church in Middleburg Heights, Ohio and married my wonderful husband. It was such a great time in our lives. As we started our journey together as husband and wife, I was much thinner and my husband had more hair. My mom and his dad were both still alive, and we both had jobs. I still have a lot of clothes from those days in the back of the closet, hoping to fit back into them someday. I know some of them are hopelessly out of style, but there are some classics that would still work today and are still in great shape!

What's not in such great shape is my body. My weight has been up and down over the last sixteen years, but mostly up. I lost quite a few pounds a couple of times, but they came back and brought their friends to stay with them. Well, those pounds are not welcome anymore. I've let them stay too long at The Hotel Marie. I've already kicked a couple of them out, and I'm putting up the No Vacancy sign so that they know they are not allowed back. All the rest of the unwanted pounds have received notices under their doors that their stay is not indefinite.

I did a great job with my eating today, but tomorrow is the day we will go out to dinner and celebrate our anniversary. Our son had a baseball game tonight, so we will just celebrate longer! No gifts because of the job situation, but my dad is taking care of the dinner celebration as his gift. I will stay in control with this dinner, and let you know where we go and what I order. It's been a little frustrating having to stay still the last few days, but I learned a lot during that time that God wanted me to see, so it was well worth it. I'm moving around much better now, so it will be back to exercise too.

So as I look over our Wedding Album and remember that wonderful time in our lives, I also look ahead to the awesome times to come. By next year's anniversary I will be healthier and in better shape, and I look forward with hope to God's plans for me! (And to my extra pounds: you can check out...but you can't check in!)

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

I love the anology to unwanted pounds being unwanted guests in your "hotel"! So cute and so true! I do something similar with my fat cells. I picture them all plump and fat and how I am trying to shrink them so they shrivel up and dissapear!

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful dinner celebration. Remember it's okay to treat yourself every so often, just get right back on track as soon as you can!

Mary Lou