Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surgery Day

After being so relaxed up until today, I got a little nervous this morning while waiting to be wheeled down to surgery. I guess that's a part of being human, but I was determined not to let myself get all stressed out about this. I prayed...and after remembering that God is with me no matter what and He will get me through anything, the fear went away.

Everything went very well today. The doctor removed both of the very small areas from my breast to be tested. I've had some removed before that were benign, and the doctor still thinks the same about these, but I have such a strong family history of breast cancer that he wants to be safe. Other than being very tired and taking pain medication, I'm feeling pretty good. The doctor wants me to rest, so I just wanted to let you know how things went today, and I did want to share one weight loss related tidbit.

My dad took me to the hospital this morning and stayed with me, because my husband had just started his new job and couldn't take the time off. He checked in with my dad all day, feeling awful that he couldn't be at the hospital with me. When my dad brought me home, my son had just gotten home from school, and we were both starving. (Mind you, I couldn't eat all day because of the surgery and all I'd had up to that point was the bagel and cranberry juice the nurse gave me after I woke up.) My dad offered to go get us something for dinner, and we chose...Subway! No greasy fast food for us, we wanted something healthy. Like I said before, just because I have to take it easy for a couple of days does not mean that I am at liberty to eat anything and everything I want. I still need to eat healthy food, even more so now because I can't burn it off.

So remember...just because one wrench is thrown into your weight loss plans, you don't have to dump the rest of the tool box in as well! Do what you are able, and soon you will be able to do the rest. (Speaking of rest, the meds are kicking in!)

Marie :o)

1 comment:

ExpressionsbyLori said...

Glad everything worked out well for you with surgery. (They blocked my Facebook at work so I can't respond that way anymore) Take care of yourself and go Subway... since I don't have the Cavs to cheer on anymore this season. :)