Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rough Couple of Days

Hi everyone...you've probably been wondering why you haven't heard from me since Saturday. I was in the emergency room very late Saturday night, with a rash spreading quite a bit, in some very delicate areas. It also spread to my waistline area. The ER doctor gave me a cream to use, but not only did it not help...the rash starting spreading even more. I got a call in to my regular doctor (the answering service paged him) and he gave me sone instructions on what to do until the next morning when he wanted to see me in his office. The temporary measures helped a little for the night, and when the doctor saw me yesterday, he gave me a much stronger cream, a steroid pack to take which decreases day by day, a medicine to take care of the fungal infection and one more to help relieve the itching. He said that the fungal infection might be due to the vicodin I was on, and not to take anymore of it, which I had stopped taking already Friday night.

So...sitting is very uncomfortable, but getting easier. I still have quite a way to go with the healing, but at least now what I'm taking is working and there is starting to be some relief. This is why I have not been on the computer much lately, but I wanted to give you an update.

Also, yesterday morning I still weighed myself (since they were going to weigh me at the doctor's anyway) and I stayed the same as last week...211. I'm very happy with that, from having surgery this week and all of the rest, that's an accomplishment in itself. I'm still eating healthy foods, which will also help in my healing. God is still great...He always has been, He always will be!

I also want to include something here: my very good friend Sharon is in the hospital, and without violating her privacy, I can tell you it's very serious. Please pray for her as well. Thank you! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Wow Marie! You have had a tough road to travel the past week or so. You continue to amaze me with your positive attitude even faced with such difficult situations. I'm not sure I would be able to stay so upbeat if I was in your situation. Somehow you manage to keep your chin up! Good for you!

I hope your rash is healing well. That sounds awful. I am so sorry to hear about your friend Sharon. Another reminder to live everyday to the fullest. We never know what God has in store for us!

Hang in there, friend! Things are bound to get better!

Mary Lou