Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Having to Chill

Well, it's the day after surgery and I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I have some pain, but the pain medication helps with that. Of course, the meds are making me sleepy, so I'm definitely following doctor's orders to rest!

Breakfast was Cheerios with 1% milk, and lunch was the other half of the Subway sandwich from last night. (Thanks again Dad! xoxoxo) I'm especially motivated to keep on eating the right foods, because I can't do much in the way of exercise to burn it off yet.

That is the hard part, other than waiting for the lab results. I need to rest for a couple of days, and then I can start walking and getting back into things. As far as certain exercises, I see my doctor in two weeks so he can see how I'm healing, then he will tell me how much more I can do from there. I definitely won't be sitting around after tomorrow...but I know I can't overdo it either. Still praying and staying positive for good news from the lab, and otherwise forging ahead.

I know this is a short post for me, (I write novels...I tend to be more long-winded than this!) but I'm getting tired again from the medication, so I will be a little more talkative tomorrow! ;o)

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

It sounds like the surgery went well. I will keep you in my prayers for good results! Good for you for having such an upbeat, positive attitude! It would be so easy for someone in your situation to get discouraged and/or depressed over it! You are being very sensible about not trying to over-do it. Listen to your doctor and stay on the healthy eating plan! Keep us posted!

Mlou

ExpressionsbyLori said...

Glad to hear that you are improving and if it were me taking the meds, I wouldn't be posting anything at all. :) This must be the week of surgeries... you, a friend here in Houston and my dad is getting a skin graft (he is diabetic). It is encouraging that you are doing well. Thanks for keeping us posted and keep being you!!!

Lori