Friday, April 2, 2010

Victories Along The Journey


As some of you know, every now and then I post a list of positive things that have happened on my weight loss journey, that have nothing to do with the number on the scale. These are the things that keep me going when that number doesn't move down as quickly as I would like it to. Here is my latest list of victories:

1. My doctor has TAKEN ME OFF BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION!
2. I have lost 30 pounds since I started this journey.
3. My sugar cravings have gone way down.
4. I have more energy throughout the day.
5. I've gone down a size in pantyhose!
6. Even the sight or smell of greasy food disgusts me.
7. My son says he can tell that I'm getting stronger!
8. I am able to zip up a pair of denim shorts that wouldn't even go over my stomach before!

As Easter approaches and I thank God for His many blessings, I also thank Him for all of these victories...be they large or small, they are all still victories, and I know there are more to come!

2 comments:

Marcelle said...

Fantastic...well done on all the achievements...

Happy Easter

WriterMarie said...

Thank you Marcelle...and Happy Easter to you and your family! xoxoxo