Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday Motivation



I hope all of you had a wonderful and blessed Easter. I enjoyed mine very much, spending time with family and thinking about the real meaning of Easter.



Today, I am getting over being sick since the middle of the night. I was supposed to go to a memorial service for a good friend's mom today, but I stayed home while the rest of my family went, since I was in no shape to attend. I am praying for her mom as we speak, and feel awful that I couldn't be there. I did not even weigh myself today, because when I finally slept I woke up at 1:30 in the afternoon and decided against it. I will resume my weigh in next Monday, and just work on feeling better and eating properly...I'm drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated, and I'm hoping by at least Wednesday to feel up to exercising.



I did a good job at our holiday festivites, eating small portions and not overindulging. I had already been feeling like I was coming down with something a couple of days before, and I'm thankful that it at least held off until after Easter Sunday. I know God will help me bounce back quickly from this, especially since my body in in better shape than it used to be. Even though I still have a long way to go, I've still come a long way!



My motivational and inspirational message for us this week is: God says to treat our bodies like a temple. Let's continue to celebrate the message of Easter, by honoring God with how we treat ourselves. God created us, now we need to take care if His creation by taking good care of ourselves...body, mind, heart, and soul.

No comments: