Friday, April 9, 2010

Having a Swingin' Friday!


No...not THAT kind of swinging. Once I picked the title, all I could think of was the episode of Just Shoot Me where Maya and Elliott wanted to learn swing dancing, and when they met up with another couple who were "swingers", they totally misunderstood and had to flee quickly. DEFINITELY NOT that kind of swinging...no thank you!!!
Today I'm swinging the kettlebell around. I've been wanting the Kettlenetics set for quite a while, and I finally was able to pick it up at Target with a gift card I was given. The kettlebell that comes with this set is 4 pounds, which will be a good start for me. Once I master that, I can work my way up to heavier weights. I practiced a little bit with it last night...at first it felt like I was swinging around nothing (my PURSE used to weigh more than that!) but after a while I could really feel it. I may graduate to a heavier kettlebell sooner than I thought, but I will use this one for a while to keep variety in my workouts.
Today is a good indoor workout day, since I saw snowflakes outside and there is also a light drizzle. (Spring weather, please come back!) Tonight I will have my special grilled chicken, marinated with Frank's Chile-n-Lime sauce, hit the treadmill, and swing my little kettlebell around. Swing dancing is coming soon...and maybe the swings at the park, but none of the other kind! :o)

1 comment:

Melissa Cunningham said...

lol! "swingers",swingers....
glad to read up on the kettle ball activities! there is SO MUCH you can do with those!!!
anyways,hope you have a great weekend-thanks for stopping by and posting on my blog!!
*hugs*