Monday, June 28, 2010

Remember to Watch, Read...and Live HUGE!


HUGE, the new show that premieres tonight on ABC Family, is actually based on a book of the same name by Sasha Paley. I have not read it yet, but when a show or movie is based on a novel I am always one to recommend reading the book as well as watching it on the big or small screen. If you happen upon a copy from its original printing, the cover picture will be a stack of s'mores with a big red circle around it and a line through it. The new printing has the cover you see in the photo above, featuring Nikki Blonsky chillin' in her shades and gorgeous blue swimsuit. (You know me now...I LOVE swimsuits!!!) It's cureently in hardcover, but the paperback version with be available on July 13th, which is only a couple of weeks from now.
I will be blogging about HUGE about an hour after the show...I'm also covering Dance Your Ass Off for Ballroom Dance Channel. HUGE is on at 9 and DYAO is at 10 on Oxygen, so I will write about both of them right after both shows air. I can't wait to watch HUGE. If you have a daughter or niece that deals with body image and/or self-esteem issues, please get them to watch this show. Afterward, please share your opinions with me on this post or the one I write later tonight. We can all find ways to live our lives to the fullest...live HUGE!!!

No comments: