Sunday, April 1, 2012

Biggest Loser 13 Challenge - Just Keep Swimming...







It turns out that I have a lot in common with Dory.


Nemo's faithful friend isn't perfect, but she always does her best. And sometimes she has no idea how she wound up where she did, but she doesn't let it stop her from trying to get where she's supposed to be. She just keeps swimming.


This is a lot like my life right now. Sometimes things happen that really make me wonder how I wound up in such a weird or stressful situation. Then I try to figure out the best way to get from where I am to where I need to be. But I keep on swimming, otherwise I would just sink.


I lost almost a pound this week, .8 to be exact. It's time for the usual monthly gift with all of it's aches and pains, but I keep pushing through it the best I can, along with the roller coaster ride of life. Considering that I'm also still trying to find that part time retail job to help out as my writing career builds - and working hard at that building process - well, it's been a busy week balancing everything. But I love writing and it's my true passion, so it's completely worth it even on the days that I don't know which end is up. So I dive in and swim like crazy.


One thing I will never, ever do is give up. I may have moments when I feel like crying or at least yelling when no one else is around, but I make it through those and press forward toward my goals. God often reminds me to trust Him, so I know it will all turn out well in the end. He will get me where I need to go as long as I give it over to Him.


All I know is that I have to keep on praying and swimming. Things are going to be all right!

No comments: