Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Biggest Loser 13 - For The Love of Money...and Zumba!




Money money money money...MUH-nee!!!


Cue the O'Jay's and Donald Trump. He can share his theme song with another show on the same network, right?


The previews led us to believe that the entire episode would be about the money. But that was not the case, and I for one am glad about that.


In fact, the show started out with a challenge that led to Newman's Own donating a truckload of groceries to each contestant's local food bank. I can't think of a better way to start out the week. For the record - I love me some Newman's Light Balsamic...the very dressing Bob showed off in the promo spot. Not only is it great on salads, but you can marinate chicken or veggies in it before you cook them and the flavor is fabulous. God bless Paul Newman, for a variety of reasons.


This week's excuse was that exercise is too boring. Well, it can be if you don't find something you love to do or do the same workout over and over again. I love to mix up my workouts with spinning, Pilates, tennis, walking...and my favorite, Zumba. I loved seeing Dolvett take his team to a Zumba class and watching them get thrown into the mix. It reminded me of my first ever Zumba session. My friend Kristen invited me, and it wasn't just the regular one hour class. Oh no...it was a 90 minute Zumba Party! Talk about trial by fire. I somehow kept up for the whole time, getting a majority of the moves down pretty fast. Kristen was impressed - and so was I. Actually, happily stunned is more like it. But those of you who know anything about me know about my love of dance, so of course Zumba became a true joy for me. Most of the time you forget you're working out because it's so much fun!


Jeremy and Megan were the ones with breakthrough moments this week. Dolvett talked to Jeremy about the issues with his dad, which Jeremy said he had swept under the rug before being on Biggest Loser. Dolvett reminded him that it's better to address and deal with your pain instead of hiding it. Pretending it never happened means you never deal with it so you can move on to a better life.


Megan was still holding back, so Bob made her videotape her entire week to keep her focused, especially since her mom just went home. Megan still has a long way to go, but she's on her way to realizing just how strong she is and how much she can motivate herself without outside help. Let's face it - as much as we love help from others, there are times when they are not able to - for whatever reason - help us or understand where we are coming from. But we know what we need to do to be our best selves...so we must motivate ourselves so we don't get down if our support systems falter.


Yes, we did get to the challenge where one player won $1,000 for every pound lost this week on the scale. That person was Kim, who is also really coming into her own strength. She lost 7 pounds, and $7,000 will go a long way for Kim and her kids. I'm really proud of her. And it was nice to see Vinny, Becky and Antone from last season judging the cooking challenge, even though the whole concept turned out to be very strange.


Mark and Megan fell below the yellow line, and Megan was sent home. But at least she had her "a-ha" week before she left. She's back to barrel racing with her horse again and is doing really well at home. Kudos to her boyfriend Michael, who lost 80 pounds while she was away...AND proposed to her when she got home. She looked stunning trying on wedding dresses, and I know her future is very bright indeed.


Next week is MAKEOVER WEEK!!! I always look forward to it, but I really can't wait for Chris to get rid of her gray hair. Plus, they all get to go to the White House, so it all promises to be exciting. I know you'll be tuning in as well!


No comments: