Sunday, March 4, 2012

Biggest Loser 13 Challenge - Still Looking For That Balance!



I still haven't found what I'm looking for...


Yes, thanks to my new job and U2 I have that song stuck in my head. And for good reason. You know that balance I talked about last week? I'm still looking for it. Now, I know it takes time to find it. You don't just switch from one type of schedule to a completely different one without some struggle. But when you're a writer who is determined to finish revising your manuscript and you have only a few hours left each week to get that done - along with housework, exercise, family time, prayer, etc. - you want that balance and you want it NOW.


Throw into the mix that I caught whatever bug is going around at work. Since I'm new I have to go in, so I must get some rest when I get home. The job itself is going pretty well so far, and I know that once I'm past being sick I can start to find my rhythm. (Rhythm is any form is important to this music & dance girl!) It's just a little frustrating.


I did see a tiny bit of progress on the scale today. I lost .4 pound, which is more than last week and pretty good for being sick all weekend. I'll take it...and I'll move on to the new week determined to make it better.


As for my frustration, I'm trying not to let it get to me. I'm on my knees often, asking God to help me find the balance I need so I can get everything done and be a healthier person in every way. Sometimes it's hard not to worry, but I know I have to let go and let God so I don't lose my mind.


And I'm off now to do some more revisions!

No comments: