Monday, April 4, 2011

Pilates - You HAVE to Try It!!!

I finally got to try it. I've been wanting to try it for years...learning all I can about it, reading Pilates Style magazine, and checking out the infomercials on the various Pilates methods and equipment. I'm not sure why I kept putting it off - wait, that's not true. I DO know why...fear. Fear of hurting myself becasue I did it wrong. Fear of looking like an idiot because I'm not a size 4. Fear in general. I'm happy to report that my fears were unfounded. I had my first Pilates session last week at BodyWave Pilates in Westlake, and it was amazing. I highly recommend going to a studio when you first start, because the instructors are trained to customize the workout for each individual body. I was able to do more than I even thought possible at this point...and my body feels so much better! I also wrote an article on the studio for Westlake Patch, so if you'd like to see pictures of my wonderful instructor Janice demonstrating some poses and find out more about Pilates, check my article link here. I can't wait for my next session on Thursday. And no, I can't perform the move pictured about yet, just like I'm not yet ready for my People magazine bikini cover shoot. But I will someday...well, at least the Pilates part! ;o)

No comments: