Friday, April 15, 2011

Come On - Let's Talk Fitness!!!


Are you ready to talk fitness? I've discovered that I am...ALL THE TIME. I love being able to discuss different forms of exercise, benefits, and ideas with everyone I know. I've discovered how empowering it is to talk to friends who have been fit forever (or at least it seems like it!) and be able to hold intelligent fitness conversations with them...instead of just listening to them talk about it and wondering if they are looking at me, thinking "I hope these words sink into Marie's brain so she finally does something about her weight". I may not be anywhere near goal weight yet, but I have lost a good amount and I'm getting stronger. These friends are really excited to be talking health WITH me now, instead of AT me.


I study what other people are doing and what works for them, taking that information and deciding what will work for me. It's always a good thing to mix things up in order to work the body to its fullest and avoid boredom. Since I write about the dance world, I am inspired on a daily basis by amazingly talented people who overcome obstacles and give it their all. On top of that, covering Biggest Loser helps push me to a new personal best...which keeps improving as I learn and do more.


So on that note, I would love for YOU to talk to me about fitness. Please share what works for you and what doesn't, how you keep yourself motivated, and how you push through the rough patches. We can all learn from each other and help each other to reach new heights just by sharing information. Knowledge really is power!

No comments: