Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Motivation


This is a very quick blog today, as I am on my way to my mother-in-law's for a healthy holiday meal. I'm so thankful that she supports us one hundred percent in our weight loss and fitness efforts.
My weigh-in yielded the exact same number as last week...no loss, no gain. I'm OK with that, since Aunt Flo arrived yesterday with her gift wrapped in red just for me, just like the lady in the commercial hands to women on the beach. (I think I'm going to call that lady in those feminine hygiene ads Auntie Flo just for kicks!) It was so sweet of her to come visit for the holiday weekend...I think. Anyway, she will soon be gone and I'm certainly not going to change my plans for her. Plenty of exercise and nutritious foods are on my agenda...and I refuse her offer of chocolate and salty snacks!
I will tell you more about my weekend tomorrow. But since it is Memorial Day, I want to take time to say thank you to all of the men and women who gave their lives from our freedom. I think of one of my best friends and her family today, since she lost her nephew in Iraq almost 2 years ago. And my dad and I are both remembering his brother, my uncle, whom I never got to meet because he was the 7th soldier killed in the Korean War when he was 19. God bless all of the families and friends who are grieving...and God bless the USA.

No comments: