Friday, July 2, 2010

Summertime...Loving Berries Is Easy


I love being able to have fresh fruit in the summer. My mom's favorites were peaches, nectarines, and cherries. I do like all of those, but what I love the most are strawberries and blueberries. I just picked up some fresh berries yesterday, and they are on sale right now because everyone is making their red, white, and blue 4th of July desserts with them.
I prefer mine with either some Cool Whip on top or mixed into Greek yogurt. Of course they are also great on my cereal, but on the days I'm not indulging in a decadent treat (everything in moderation!) this takes care of my sweet craving. I get plenty of vitamins and other nutrients from the berries, plus it's a lighter dessert...so I don't have to wait as long to go swimming or play tennis after I eat them. The more time to enjoy summer activities, the better!
Remember to take advantage of the season's fresh fruits and vegetables, especially when they're on sale. Berries freeze well too, so you can use them later in smoothies and other desserts. Also take advantage of the beautiful weather to enjoy your favorite sports and activities. Don't let summer pass you by...enjoy every moment you can and love life!

No comments: