Monday, July 20, 2009

Motivational Monday

Since I decided to change my weigh-in day back to Monday for good, today's the big day. I'm going to call these weekly dates with the scale Motivational Mondays...because I am determined that no matter what number shows up in that little window, I am going to use it to my advantage.

If the number goes up or stays the same, I will go over what I did during the past week and see where I need to improve...then I'm going to MAKE IT HAPPEN! The same goes for a very small loss. That means I did something right, but still need to kick up the exercise and watch what foods I'm putting into my body more closely.

If I've had a successful week with the scale and my body, I still have to take note of what worked that week so I can keep it up. Of course we've all heard that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is so very true, especially when it comes to weight loss. So many things can throw a wrench in your plans if you let them...you have to be prepared for just about anything. Determination to find a way through it is the key to success.

Now I know you want to hear what happened when I stepped on my scale this morning. I lost one pound, which is a great thing. I know I didn't really truly get myself back on track until the middle of the week. I was able to stay away from sugar for 4 days. Yesterday morning my husband and son let me sleep in and went to McDonald's for breakfast. They brought me back an Egg McMuffin and a McCafe Iced Mocha. It was so sweet of them...sweet being the operative word here. They know I love Iced Mocha and I was so happy that they treated me to breakfast, but halfway through drinking it I realized how much sugar I was drinking. I didn't want to waste it so I finished it, and I did let them know later in the day that next time I'd rather have a plain black coffee so I don't ingest all of that sugar. One victory here though...not only did I stay away from sweet stuff for 4 days, but after I drank the Iced Mocha I didn't crave sugar the rest of the day like I normally would. I haven't had any sugar since then, and I plan to keep it that way.

It's so easy to stay motivated when we like the number that pops up on the scale, but the true test is when it hasn't been a good week. I'm at 212.0, only down 1.2 from what I started at when I began this blog. Still, it's a loss...and I am not giving up: not now, not ever. With God's help I will succeed!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Motivational Mondays are awesome! I have no doubt that you will succeed this week!

Mesha said...

AMEN! We aren't discriminative of losses...ANY loss is worth celebration. I'm celebrating with you on your loss - keep up the good work, you'll see results.

"I am determined that no matter what number shows up in that little window, I am going to use it to my advantage."

I love reading about people who have acquired this mindset.