Monday, January 31, 2011

Little By Little...


And bit by bit, we are made over into His image. It doesn't happen overnight, even though as impatient humans we would like it to be that way. Sometimes it happens in bigger doses than others, and sometimes we have major breakthroughs that hit us immediately. But at other times, it doesn't seem like much is going on. These are the times when more is happening than we even know...but God knows.
Today is one of those days when I have to remind myself of this. I got on the scale this morning to find a whopping loss of .2 pounds. That's right, there is a decimal point before that 2. There are weeks I lose 2 or 3 pounds, or even at least a pound or something close to it. This was not one of those weeks. Now, I also remind myself that my "monthly gift" is here, and that gift always weighs a little bit more than I think it's going to. I think about the great week I had in terms of getting more done, having more energy and squeezing in extra exercise. I had one splurge when I had dinner with my old high school friends...I ate a healthy dinner, but treated myself to dessert. We had such a wonderful time together and I am thankful that we were all able to spend an evening catching up...that in itself is completely priceless. The rest of the week I ate pretty healthy, so that was the only splurge.
Still...I am also grateful that I lost SOMETHING this week! The scale still moved in the direction I want it to go. Waiting on God's timing means that He is in control...and he is strengthening me in body, mind, and spirit even when it doesn't show on the scale. Sometimes when he sculpts me into His image, he takes away big chunks and smooths over whole sections at a time. Then there are times like now, when He chips away a little here and there, fine-tuning certain aspects of me that need that the attention to detail that only He can give. He wants me to be just right, and He knows what it takes to get me there.
So I move on to another week and more chances to be braver, stronger, and healthier. No matter what, I know God has my back. He has a lot in store for me and I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments: