Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Wanna Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-UNDO IT!


Yes, I wanna undo it!!! Not any of my relationships, mind you...but all of the sugary stuff I ate on Labor Day. You see, this Carrie Underwood song has new meaning for me, since I woke up yesterday morning in a world of hurt. When my alarm went off, the very first thing I heard was Carrie belting out, "I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it!" It was the perfect line to start the day, since the way my stomach and my head felt at that moment I really did want to undo it...undo all of the sugar I ate the day before, so I could feel better.
I've had the song stuck in my head ever since, and I came up with some new lyrics to the chorus:
You stole my energy, you made me cry
Took me up then sent me crashing from that high
And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
You took my health, now I want it back
Now I see you knocked me off my track
I really blew it, no more going through it
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
My twist on the song is dedicated to sugar addicts everywhere...if you're like me, it keeps calling you back. But it's not good for us to consume all of that sugar. I should have stopped at one cookie for a treat, instead of filling up on more and more sugar throughout the day. Your body doesn't know it's a "holiday"...you will feel just as crappy after eating this way on a special occasion as you would any other day.
I've learned my lesson really hard this time...and I'm back on plan, working to uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo all of the damage I've done over the years with sugar and junk food. It's all about feeling good, being healthy, and having the energy to do what you want and need to do in life...so that you won't have to undo anything!

No comments: