Monday, January 25, 2010

Motivational Monday...Getting Stronger, Inside and Out!


This past week has been an emotional one for me...stress in all forms kept coming down on me. My husband is waiting to hear back from two different job interviews. I had a misunderstanding with a good friend that I'm in the process of working out, but we are on the right road. I'm busy with writing and editing, which I love, but the other stresses threatened to make me anxious while I wrote.

Thankfully, I was able to focus on the writing after some prayer and quiet time...which in turn helped me deal with the other situations. Writing in any form really helps me handle my feelings and work things out in my mind. Speaking of workouts, I kept up my exercise, which also cleared my mind and helped me see things in a new light. I will say that my eating was pretty good, but not perfect. I did have a few pieces of pizza yesterday while cheering on the Saints. I got on the scale this morning, and I did lose .4 pounds. Maybe not much, but still a loss, and with the week I had I'm proud of that .4!

My motivational person this week is Lisa Lillien, who is better known as Hungry Girl. She has lost 30 pounds and kept it off, and finds ways to make favorite comfort foods healthier. She has written several books and has a website at www.hungry-girl.com. I get her e-mail newletter, which is filled with recipes and tips, plus healthy foods that she has discovered.

I know this week will be a much better one. I've learned a lot about myself and others, which only makes me a stronger person. Yes, I am strengthening my body through exercise and eating well, but my mind, heart, and soul are also getting stronger. This is my own quote for you: "Every person you meet on your life's journey is there for a reason...to lift you up, teach you a lesson, or both." Learn from everyone and everthing in your life...and become stronger from head to toe, inside and out!

No comments: