Monday, December 7, 2009

Motivational Monday...Bouncing Back


As you know, last week's weigh-in was rough, due to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who had the same post-holiday experience, or were too afraid to get on the scale after all of the mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. I used to be one of those who just wouldn't even bother to weigh myself during the holidays, which usually resulted in seeing a few extra pounds register on the scale come New Year's Day.
This morning, I got on the scale and discovered I lost 2.2 pounds...meaning that the 2 pounds I had gained over Thanksgiving are gone, along with just a bit more! This puts me at 193.8. I definitely attacked my workouts this past week, and ate much better. Back to my Greek yogurt, fruits & veggies, and lots of water. Also...back to discovering that girl inside of me that is just begging to come out!
This week, my motivational people are the entire Season 8 cast of The Biggest Loser...tomorrow night is the finale, so tune in to see what everyone has accomplished, and let them inspire you to go for your dreams and goals!
My advice for this holiday season is...don't avoid the scale. If you weigh yourself and discover a gain, you can do something about it right now. If you wait until January 1st, the gain may have snowballed into something bigger...or you may find on Christmas Day that the dress, skirt, or pants you planned to wear do not fit and you wind up scrambling for something else to wear. Don't let that happen to you...take care of business now!!!

No comments: