Monday, December 21, 2009

Motivational Monday!


Well, I've been running around like a nut trying to get Christmas stuff done...too bad that doesn't burn as many calories as the treadmill! I'm almost done with everything, other than baking pumpkin pies and wrapping the kids' gifts. Everything else is taken care of...the cookies, shopping, cards, and decorating are finished!

I got on the scale this morning and had a good laugh. I lost .2 pounds. Barely a blip on the radar screen...but it's still a loss right before Christmas, and I'll take it! I did have a very wonderful moment yesterday when I put on a pair of pants and a Christmas sweatshirt that did not fit last year; in fact, I couldn't even get them over my body! I wore them yesterday, and they were loose...so I know I'm getting there. I know that I'll have a lot more time to concentrate on weight loss after the holiday, and lay out my plan of attack for the New Year. 2010 is going to be my year!!!

My motivational people this week are Erik and Michele Chopin. Erik won Season 3 of Biggest Loser, and though he has put quite a bit of the weight back on, he is committed to losing it all again and figuring out why he had gained it back so it doesn't happen again. His wife Michele is also on her own weight loss journey, and they are sharing all of this with us at http://erikchopin.com/ . Bob invited Erik to weigh in at the Season 9 Finale...so this way we can follow along with Erik and Michele as we are on our own journeys!


.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

Well done on the loss - I'd be over the moon just to maintain these next couple of weeks (not very likely, but it certainly won't be as bad as previous years!)

It's SUCH a good feeling when clothes that you couldn't even get on before not only fit, but are too big... :o)

Stephanie said...

A loss right before Xmas is great. That means an extra 1/2 piece of pumpkin pie, right? ;)
weight loss

John Ettorre said...

Congratulations, Marie. Here's to an even better 2010, in this area and all the other parts of your life.

WriterMarie said...

Thank you everyone...dealing with a nasty sinus infection right now, but 2010 is going to be a great year!

Vlogger said...

Great. We are Best Relocation Experts in Asia