Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Journey Back To Me


Those of you that are on my Facebook page will also see this poem on there...I'm getting back to the girl you see in the picture above. (Although I will NOT be bringing back the early 90's permed hair!) Maybe you can relate to my story:
What Happened To That Girl?
What happened to that girl
The one who was so strong
Who didn't let stuff get her down
And could handle life when things went wrong
What happened to that girl
Who didn't let fear hold her back
Who liked the reflection she saw in her mirror
And faced her problems with full-on attack
Though she's been dormant for over 15 years
Hibernating under layers of despair
She hasn't left, she's still within
Make no mistake, she's definitely there
Working her way through all of the layers
Shedding each one as she goes
Some are harder to shake off than others
But one by one getting rid of her woes
That girl deserves to come back out
And shine her God-given light on the world
I'm proud to say, she's well on her way
Just watch out...here comes that girl!
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, and finding that strong, confident person inside of you that is just waiting to come out! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Trina said...

I'm still looking for that girl in me. Thanks for sharing.