Friday, May 29, 2009

Step It Up!

It's time to take things to the next level...sort of. I'm working out like crazy for the next few days, because I am having some minor surgery on Tuesday and I know this will slow me down for a little while. I sent a message to DJ, who is a Biggest Loser trainer...he has trained Tara Costa, Amy Parham, and Phil Parham when they were no longer on the ranch. He has given wonderful advice so far, so I asked him how I should handle this workout-wise. He told me to listen to my body, and when I feel up to it I should start with cardio. He also recommends that I ask my doctor how soon I can do certain exercises, which I am going to do. I'm sure I can still walk, and I will definitely keep eating healthy foods. I know I'll have a couple of days on pain meds, so I'll be a little sleepy.

The one thing I will not do is give up. I've had this type of surgery twice before (breast biopsy) and thank you to God that everything was fine. My doctor believes that I'll have the same results this time, but I have a family history of breast cancer so he wants to make sure I'm all right. Both of those other times, however, I took it WAY TOO EASY. I also didn't pay attention to what I was eating, so I gained weight during those times. That is not going to happen this time!

Yesterday I got to take my walk before it rained again. I felt like I needed to do more, so I pulled out my old workout step...the one my son has been using to sit on the floor and play solitaire. That's almost as bad as using your stationary bike for a clothes rack! My step workouts are all on video, and my VCR is not working. I have exercise DVD's, but none of them are step. I remembered a lot of the old step moves and made up my own workout. By the time 15 minutes had gone by I was completely dripping in sweat. I plan to do more stepping tonight, and hopefully soon I can grab a step DVD so I can challenge myself more.

All I know is...this surgery is just a minor roadblock to my goals. I will do whatever I can or am allowed to do right after the procedure. Then I will work my way up to full health once again! God is with me through it all, and he will lead me where I need to go. Please stay with me on this journey...I will still be posting everyday and reporting on what I am doing and how I'm feeling. I'm not the only one who experiences these temporary setbacks, so I hope this will help any of you who have your own issues or injuries to work through. Adjust whatever you have to, but don't let anything stop you. I know nothing is stopping me this time!

As for the next four days, I will be working my butt off...and telling you all about it!

Marie :o)

No comments: