Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Tried It...And Loved It!

I've heard from a few of my friends how great this stuff is, but I'd been putting off even the thought of trying it. It's a little more expensive than what I normally buy, so with our tight budget I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra dough. (I just had to say dough, didn't I...I have to stop thinking about those refined carbs!)

I went to my grocery store, and once I stocked up on my produce I headed right for the organic section. There it was...Fage, which is Greek yogurt without all of the chemicals in regular yogurt that our bodies don't need. It was even on sale! Granted, it was still more expensive than other yogurts, but the sale price gave me an extra push to go ahead and try it. I bought two. I also bought organic Starbucks coffee, which was not any more expensive than their other coffees. I am currently drinking the last couple cups of the coffee I already had at home, so I will let you know tomorrow how the new coffee tastes. (And yes Jillian...I will be done with my caffeine before noon!)

After my son's baseball practice we came home and I got out a carton of Fage. I took a taste, and it was a shock at first. No sugar or artificial sweeteners, so it was definitely not a sweet flavor. It was good though, and very thick and rich. I sliced up some strawberries and added them to the Fage, along with some cinnamon for flavoring. (No sugar, just straight cinnamon out of the jar.) It was so delicious and extremely filling!

The way I see it, Fage is worth the extra cost, because after I ate the other yogurts I was always still starving, even if I paired it with a piece of fruit. This way I will not need to add more to my snack and it will save money in the long run. Besides, it will cut down on my sugar consumption and help eliminate the artificial sweeteners from my diet that have been making me feel so crappy. I can't wait to try some of the other ideas my friends have come up with for their Fage snacks! If you eat Fage and have any ideas, I would be grateful if you would share them here with me.

I ate really well yesterday and got my exercise in...so happy I've rekindled my love affair with my step. No more playing cards on it; I've got to treat my baby right! Let's all keep positive no matter what life throws at us. God made us all, and He has given us the strength to do everything we need to do. Keep the faith...I know I am!

1 comment: