Sunday, February 26, 2012

Biggest Loser 13 Challenge - Balancing Act

I changed my weigh-in day to Sunday now, so I can blog the same day about the results and the way my week has gone pertaining to losing this weight. With the new job, it's difficult to step on the scale Tuesday morning and find time to blog it since I get home from work and spin just in time for Biggest Loser. And that blog has to get done right after the show so I can get some sleep and get to work the next day. So Sundays it is.

This morning. I found no change in my numbers...I stayed exactly the same. I suppose this is a good thing considering the major changes in my schedule - eating, sleeping, writing, everything - has been rearranged to fit the new work hours. So I'm learning how to balance it all and still get everything done.

I'm thankful that I have a Monday through Friday job with normal hours, instead of retail or some other shiftwork. I'm also grateful that God sent me this job to help pay the bills since my freelancing isn't yet at the point that it could be my full time job and we really need the money. Things are going pretty well there, and the people I work with are really nice and very helpful.

I also know that I'm not the only person in the world who has to work all day and then figure out how to get everything else done, so I know we all struggle with this. I will figure how how to balance it all, including my writing since that is my life's passion and purpose. I need to get the revision on my novel done so I can get it out there.

Of course I will have an adjustment period. I've freelanced from home for five years so I got set in my ways. (When I had other jobs during this time, they were part-time so it wasn't as hard to adjust.) If I had trouble sleeping the night before, I could always go back to bed for a couple of hours after my son left for school before starting my day. Now I have to jump in the shower right after he gets on the bus and leave soon after for work. There is no room for insomnia, which only causes me more anxiety knowing I have to get enough sleep at a certain time. That anxiety makes me sleep even less, and I have no chance to make up for it until the weekend, when I'm trying to get all of the other stuff done.

This is a big change for me, and sometimes I get frustrated. One of the keys is making sure I don't just grab anything to eat so I don't fall back into old habits. I need to make a plan so everything can fall into place as much as possible. I know that with a lot of prayer I will get there...but for now I'm taking it a day at a time!



No comments: