Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Biggest Loser Season 12 Challenge - Giving Extra Thanks!




The first weigh-in after Thanksgiving is usually stressful, not just for me but for most people I know. It's when everyone typically steps on the scale, sees a number worse than the week before, and asks why they had to stuff themselves on Turkey Day...and with the leftovers the rest of the weekend.


This year I did indulge in a couple of my favorites - stuffing and sweet potatoes - but otherwise had small portions on Thanksgiving. Of course I had pumpkin pie, but it was the healthier version that I've been making for a few years. I thought I did relatively well, but since the scale was not kind the week before I was still a little nervous.


Imagine my happiness this morning when I discovered I lost 1.8 pounds! Looks like my body (and the scale) made up for the week before. Losing close to 2 pounds for the holiday week is almost unheard of, but I'm thrilled to report that it can happen!


I credit this to choosing my holiday treats carefully, drinking plenty of water, and working out more than I ever have over the Thanksgiving holiday. Also, we only took a small amount of leftovers home, so I didn't keep the feast going for the entire weekend. It was really good to see it pay off immediately on the scale...but I know the rewards will last for a lifetime.


How did you do this week? Please shoot me a comment here or at #BL12Challenge on Twitter. Remember - if you did overdo it over Thanksgiving, now is the time to get back on track!





No comments: