Monday, June 6, 2011

Turning I Wish Into I WILL



How many times do you catch yourself saying that you wish you could do something? "I wish I could lose weight." "I wish I could take a trip to Hawaii." "I wish I could speak French." "I wish I could learn how to ski." "I wish I could stop letting people walk all over me."


If you're like me, you've wished for a lot of things. And like me, you've probably also just wished...but never did anything about it. We sit there and dream of what it would be like "if only" we could do certain things. Then we go back to being on autopilot, as if our regular routines were all that was possible in our lives.


I'm learning to take things further than the wish stage, and I'd like you to do it as well. As you think about those things that you'd like to do, think deeper. What would it take to make those wishes reality? Write down the steps you need to take so you don't forget about them. Then TAKE THE FIRST STEP. MAKE IT HAPPEN.


I've always said I wished I could try Pilates...I took action steps and now I take Pilates regularly. I dreamed about singing in front of people. I took charge, stepped out, and took the microphone. For years I've wished I could learn Ballroom Dancing...I finally set up my first lesson and I start next week.


Don't let life pass you by without trying those things you've dreamed about. Instead of saying "I wish I could" -- say "I will do this." Then follow through and do it. You will gain confidence and love life more. I know I do!!!

No comments: