Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Scale Forgave Me...


If you read my post yesterday, you know that I stood up my scale for our weekly Monday morning date. It wasn't on purpose, but I still felt weird about it all day.
Mr. Scale must have decided to forgive me, because when I apologized this morning and stepped on I discovered that I lost 1 pound for the week. That may not seem like a lot, but last week was rough in so many ways...from school projects to being sick, I did my best all week but it wasn't up to my usual workout standards. I now weigh 210.8. I am more than a number on the scale, but it's good to know that I'm making progress as I watch that number get smaller every week. And it's also a wonderful feeling that even on my roughest days, I do as much as I can instead of just saying forget it and sitting on the couch the whole time.
God made us to overcome our circumstances and difficulties. I'm thankful to Him that this is being revealed to me...a little at a time, just like the weight loss that shows on my scale.

No comments: