Monday, November 29, 2010

Running On Leftovers


Wow, it's been a week since I blogged here...spent most of the time baking pies, writing articles, covering the DWTS finale, and getting ready for the big Thanksgiving weekend. On Thanksgiving Day we had dinner at my brother's at 2:30 PM, celebrated my nephew's 2nd birthday, and then moved on to my mother-in-law's for another dinner at 6 PM. I did my best to pace myself at each meal, but of course I still felt a bit too full.
Some of my friends and I went out and tackled Black Friday together (a tradition with us!), so I burned a lot of calories shopping all day. I ordered a salad for lunch, not just because of all of the eating the day before, but knowing that Friday night we had a reunion get together as well. I got home from shopping and immediately headed over to the party. I know I ate a bit too much there, and we did shots together too. After 3 of them I bowed out, knowing I didn't want to feel like crap the next day, and started drinking water to re-hydrate after the alcohol.
I did feel pretty icky the next day, but it had nothing to do with the drinks. It was my allergies...after being around dogs and cats for both turkey dinners and the party my sinuses were shot. (And of course the pets LOVE me...I think they know I'm allergic and they always come over to cuddle up on me.) Add the fact that the lady in red has delivered my monthly gift, and you'll see why the rest of my weekend was not very active. I did enjoy a lot of football at least!
I got on the scale this morning to find a 1.4 pound gain. I can live with that...usually with all of those big meals it would be at least 4 or 5 pounds. With the monthly gift and the alcohol, I actually did pretty well for the week. I certainly had a lot of fun, and now all of the leftovers are gone. Back to running on premium fuel now!!!

No comments: