Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Pretty Good At Drinkin' Water! ;o)


Yes, I just heard that song by Billy Currington, "Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer"...and I'm in a silly mood today. I was thinking how his mama would be so proud that he's reached such a lofty goal in life! LOL

I really am pretty good at drinking water. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I tweet H2O reminders during the day on most days. Once in a while I miss one, or I'm gone all day on the weekends and don't tweet anything. I really need a Blackberry so I can give those portable water tweets! I get a lot of RT's and tweets back thanking me for the reminder...I'm so glad to help, and I know what it's like to get so busy during the day that you forget. I know when I forget, I don't feel as well as usual!

During that "vacation" period I took over the summer, I became pretty good at drinking diet soda again. I'd see my water bottle sitting there, pretend it was Rachel on Friends, and tell myself we were on a break. I did still drink water, especially on those days we were out at the pool, but it wasn't as much as I'd usually drink...and nowhere near enough for what my body needed. My health paid the price, as I became more sluggish and bloated with carbonated drinks.

I knew I had to get back on track. Thankfully my "Rachel" was still there for me, and as I filled up that bottle I swore I could hear her laughing at me and saying I told you so. Diet soda is a very rare beverage for me again, and it's amazing how much better I feel now that I'm back in my H2O routine. Our bodies really do crave water, and we need to give them plenty of it. A break from water is not a good thing, even if you do pretend you're on Friends. Just drink up!!!

2 comments:

Alanna Klapp said...

Marie, thanks for this post! It really is amazing how much better we feel when we are properly hydrated. I rarely drink pop (when I do it's clear soda like Sprite or ginger ale), but my issue is caffeine. I love my coffee. I recently stopped drinking coffee for 40 days, and drank mostly water, tea, and Ensure shakes, and was amazed at how much more hydrated and better I felt. Now that I've started drinking coffee again, I find I have to work hard to limit how much I drink, and remember to drink water in between those cups of coffee. Thanks for the reminder, great post!

Michelle M said...

I believe in water therapy. It actually helps me lose weight!