Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Biggest Loser 12 - Which Time Slot Do You Prefer?



You know that commerical, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar"? Well, Biggest Loser turned that thought completely on its head. We saw their version last night - "What would you do for your favorite gym time slot" (which doesn't have quite the same ring to it) as the teams were faced with piles of donuts. It was actually more like "How many donuts would you eat for your time slot, where you'll have to work extra hard to burn them all off?"


Most of the contestants didn't eat any, but John from the Black team ate the most...37. Quite ironic that at the weigh-in his team needed to lose more than 37 pounds to be safe. They didn't make it, but the Blue team saved their butts. Maybe they'll send them a dozen donuts as a thank you gift.


This poses a question that I would like to ask you. Which time slot would you prefer? Early morning, midday, or late at night?


Ideally, I like to work out in the early evening. I am not a morning person (though I'm trying to be!) and I seem to be at my best at this time. If I only had those 3 choices, I would want the midday slot. My second choice would be the early one. (Even if I had to deal with Bizarro Bob's wake up call!) The late night slot would be bad for me because I would be too wound up to get to sleep afterward.


So which time do you like to workout...and what would YOU do to keep that time slot? I don't mean shoving donuts into your mouth in a challenge, but rather how would you personally make sure that you worked out at that time?


We all have to schedule our exercise time just like any other appointment. We already schedule meetings, church, kids activities, etc. Exercise is just as important as all of those. And once you write it down in your calendar, you must keep that appointment - just like you would never skip a meeting. Stick to whatever time is best for you and be consistent.


Now, if an emergency comes up and you can't keep to your schedule, by all means get some type of workout in wherever you can. Things do happen...but have a back-up plan in case you can't execute Plan A. Being consistent will give you the results you want, and your body will learn to crave workouts.


So here's to your favorite gym time...WITHOUT the donuts!





No comments: