Monday, November 23, 2009

Motivational Monday...Yes!!!


All of those extra minutes of exercise I did during the week really paid off. This morning I registered a 2 pound loss on the scale, now putting me at 194. This is the time of year when I usually gain weight or stay the same, so this is very exciting for me! Since I added more things to do for November this year, like writing a novel in a month, I was nervous about how it would affect my weight.
I drank plenty of water all day, including while I was on the computer writing away. When I watched TV, whether I was recapping a dance show or just taking a break and watching whatever, I jogged in place or danced during commercials. I also made sure I got up from the computer regularly, so I could stretch my muscles and move around.
This goes to show that if you want something badly enough, you will find a way to make it happen. I'm almost done with the novel, by setting daily goals to get it done. I found a way to fit in exercise even in the smallest amounts of time, and it showed on the scale. We all need to find those ways that will work for us, so we can reach our dreams and goals!
My motivational person for this week was a revelation to me. Those of you who are Saturday Night Live fans like me will remember the wonderful comedy of Horatio Sanz, and also what a big guy he was. Well, I only learned this within the last week, but Horatio has lost 100 pounds, and he is smokin' hot now! If you would like to see his before and after transformation, check out this article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/24/snl-alum-horatio-sanz-dro_n_146143.html .
Here's to a successful and blessed holiday week for all of us, and remember to find a way to make it work for you!!!

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

Crumbs I wish I could say the same thing...I worked out all week like a demon and gained...3.1lbs.

Kristina said...

Excellent job Marie! Keep up the great work!

WriterMarie said...

Thank you! The holiday season will be a good test for me! :o) Hey Marcelle, hang in there...I've had weeks just like that! xoxoxo