Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Extreme Makeover or Olympics? No Brainer!


Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition aired a new episode this past Sunday, but I didn't watch.  Yes, I know...I usually don't miss an episode but I had good reason.

The Olympics.

By now you know just how addicted I am to the Olympics, and since they only come around every four years I decided to watch them instead of EMWLE.  I know ABC will re-air the episode; the Olympics only air once and they're done.

Besides, I'm being inspired on a daily basis by determination, perseverance and good sportsmanship.  Athletes coming back after having children, losing 50 pounds and performing better than ever.  Runners competing without legs.  People who fall, yet get back up and keep going.  And athletes who honor each other for their efforts, no matter the results on the scoreboard.

These athletes show us just how much the human body, mind, and spirit can do if we let it happen.  We all have that greatness in us, as the commercials that run during the Games keep reminding us.  We can be motivated past the point of reaching our goal weight - we can go beyond what we ever thought possible.

Thank you to all of the athletes participating in the Olympics for giving us hope and courage to do our own personal best.  Whether you win a medal or not, you rock for showing us what we can be capable of if we put our minds to achieving it. You all deserve an award - just for being the best you can be!

No comments: