Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Dream Would You Follow...


...if you knew you could not fail? What passions do you have in life, that you've always wanted to pursue, but were too afraid to go after?
I've always had those dreams that I convinced myself I would not be able to accomplish. I listened to those people who discouraged me and told me that I would never have a shot...whether it be a singing career, getting my songs published, or even riding a horse. I still have some people around me who don't believe in me. My immediate family is very supportive, which I am grateful for. But I still have to push away the negativity caused by the ones who think I'm crazy for doing anything other than working in an office all my life. They were raised to believe that you have to have "security", and a writing career is not secure.
Guess what? There is no security, except the security we have in being children of God. We have to trust His path for our lives, and He put those dreams within us for a reason. They are important in accomplishing want He has deemed our purpose on this earth. No matter what other human beings say, the only ones who know what we are supposed to do in life are ourselves and God. (And sometimes we are even confused ourselves, but He always still knows!) Offices may close, companies may lay people off or eliminate positions...there are so many factors out of our control. The only thing in our control is to trust in God and what He has put in our hearts.
Think long and hard about those dreams and passions that you have stored away in your heart, mind, and soul. Pray over them and listen for what God is telling you to do. When you know you're on the right path, ignore the people who aim to bring you down. So many people in the Bible were told they were crazy, but they followed God's will for their lives and ultimately found their success in Him. Learn from them. You will be a much happier person if you follow the dreams that God has placed within you!

No comments: