Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Biggest Loser 13 - Comfort Zone, Schmomfort Zone




OK, tonight we're doing the condensed version of a recap - because my sinuses feel like crap and I only want to focus on the positive stuff this week. (Good luck, right? Maybe it won't be that bad!)


Alison took the teams out of their comfort zones by switching their trainers for the week. Jeremy and Conda actually had the advantage here, since they've been there and done that already. But I'm still amazed every time someone has to leave Bob and they totally lose it. I love Bob - but come on everybody...Dolvett is an amazing trainer as well. It's not like you're being told that you have to starve in the desert or train with Bozo the clown instead. Of course the trainers are going to get switched at some point. Deal with it! ;o)


The positives that came out of this switch were Emily's and Buddy's breakthroughs with their new trainers. Emily admitted she gets in her own way sometimes and is scared of change. Let's face it: most of us are. What is it they say about sticking with the devil you know instead of the devil you don't? Dolvett really got her to work through it. No matter what situations we find ourselves in, we have to deal with the change and get through it. It may take some time, but we will get there!


Speaking of situations, Buddy's story of his baby daughter dying broke my heart. I can't even imagine what that had to be like for his family. He opened up to Bob, who made him realize that he is being reborn now himself. Even when things are really dark - there is always light.


Now the ballet class was right up my alley. That was a hoot to watch! It proved that you can get out of your comfort zone and try new things, even if they look scary at first. You might even find a new pastime, or even a new way of life!


Of course there had to be some drama with gameplay and alliances and all of that. Plus there were some really weird numbers (and a very strange vibe) at the weigh-in. I just don't want to focus on that because I've had more than enough drama for one season.

Thankfully, this week there were more positive moments than negative again. (Hmmm...I think I notice a trend here.) See, it wasn't all that bad after all!


And though it stinks that Cassandra went home, she's in New York pursuing her writing dreams and down 90 pounds. You go girl - and you inspire me!!!


And here's hoping and praying that I don't have a sinus infection!!!

No comments: